Types of hosting services
A hosting solution entails stashing and/or sharing given web content on a web server handled by a website hosting vendor. There are various forms of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's have a gaze at these. In that way, you can determine what you need, based on whether you desire to build a blog, e-mail box accounts, or to share files with buddies and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution delivered by various web hosts, which enables you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free file storage accounts often involve advertisements next to the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a particular span of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a completely unsuitable interpretation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would assign the workload between independent stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving different web page hosting services (mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a variety of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain companies offer a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting type is good if you want to share a huge number of pics with pals or associates since the solution is generally free of cost. You will get a random link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to managing your e-mails. Some firms provide website hosting solutions for websites, but do not provide an e-mail service. If you desire to manage a mail address with your domain name but do not want to possess a website, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can create e-mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video file, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file brings about a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with several videos and several hundred website viewers, you may have a hard time with your web site hosting resources. Embedding the video file will enable you to run as many video clips as you wish without worrying about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you need if you want to have a website. To a certain degree, it includes all of the aforesaid hosting categories since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and email address accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Genius Cloud Hosting, for example, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated web hosting solutions that permit you to have all of the abovementioned services in one place. There may be limitations based on the form of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting package may be better or worse compared with the normal email/file/video/image hosting plans that are devised for specific web content exclusively.